Church Walks are back
The walkers meet one a month (usually the third Sunday, but second Sunday in December) after morning worship for a local walk and fellowship.
With the easing of Covid restrictions , we were able to have our first church walk for six months on Sunday April 18.
Our next walk will be on Sunday 17 July, an easy 5 miles starting from Bishopstone. We will meet at 2 pm at the junction of Bishopstone Road and Marine Drive, Bishopstone (what3words reference ///glance.frogs.ruling).
With covid safety in mind , please go direct to Firle in your own car’s “household bubble” . We won’t meet at church this time .
The key Covid safety guidance is as follows:
* Please have your lunch at home before you set off for the walk.
* Avoid travelling to the walk start with people from other households. If you are joining us, please be there on time, as keeping others hanging about can be a problem for social distancing . Meet in the car park at church.
* Follow the government guidelines on physical distancing at all times . Keep at least 2 metres away from anyone not in your household
* Bring a face mask and sanitiser in case required ( mask need not be worn routinely on the walk )
* Register your attendance at the start Provide the walk leader with your contact details to support NHS contact tracing. Details will be retained for 21 days
* Avoid touching gates and stiles where possible If you do – wash your hands with sanitiser as soon as you can.
* Do not share food & drink, or equipment such as walking poles with anyone outside your household
* Walk responsibly and enjoy it. When other people are passing on a path, remember to stand back and give way and leave plenty of space in order to maintain social distancing
Please contact Lindsay Frost ….. for more information.