Church Walks are back
The walkers meet one a month (usually the third Sunday, but second Sunday in December) after morning worship for a local walk and fellowship.
With the easing of Covid restrictions , we were able to have our first church walk for six months on Sunday April 18.
Our second walk, postponed due to the weather on 16 May, will now on Sunday 23 May. CANCELLED due to weather. Next walk 20 June.
The walk will begin at Firle Village car park at 1:15 p.m. ( on the left as you enter the village , just before The Ram pub) It takes across the landscaped grounds of Firle Pace and along the foot of the Downs to Charleston Farmhouse (haunt of the Bloomsbury set ) and then back along the Old Coach Road to Firle. Total distance about 3.5 miles or 5 km.
With covid safety in mind , please go direct to Firle in your own car’s “household bubble” . We won’t meet at church this time .
The key Covid safety guidance is as follows:
* Please have your lunch at home before you set off for the walk.
* Avoid travelling to the walk start with people from other households. If you are joining us, please be there on time, as keeping others hanging about can be a problem for social distancing . Meet in the car park at church.
* Follow the government guidelines on physical distancing at all times . Keep at least 2 metres away from anyone not in your household
* Bring a face mask and sanitiser in case required ( mask need not be worn routinely on the walk )
* Register your attendance at the start Provide the walk leader with your contact details to support NHS contact tracing. Details will be retained for 21 days
* Avoid touching gates and stiles where possible If you do – wash your hands with sanitiser as soon as you can.
* Do not share food & drink, or equipment such as walking poles with anyone outside your household
* Walk responsibly and enjoy it. When other people are passing on a path, remember to stand back and give way and leave plenty of space in order to maintain social distancing
Please contact Lindsay Frost ….. for more information.